Cleaning Menstrual Cups
The Menstrual Cups we sell are Medical Grade Silicone, meaning they are non-toxic and resistant to bacteria. To maintain good hygiene, ensure your cup lasts many years, and to reverse staining, you can follow this cleaning guide.
During use/ during your period: when your remove your menstrual cup (at least every 8 hours) to empty, you can do any of the following:
- Rinse with fresh water (either in the sink OR you can take a water bottle with you and rinse into the toilet bowl)
- Rinse with fresh water while you shower
- For extra cleaning, clean with Menstrual Cup Wash
- Rinse with a mixture of water and white vinegar
- Rinse with a silicone friendly cleaner
- If you cannot do any of these, simply just empty your cup, wipe with toilet paper, and re-insert. Rinse or clean it the next time you empty.
There are a couple of options:
- Take your menstrual cup out of its box or bag and pop it into a pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes to ensure that it is sterilized. You can optionally add white vinegar. Please watch the pot so you do not forget about it and melt your cup!
- Wash with Menstrual Cup Wash & hot water
- Your cup is best dried and then stored in the ventilated cotton storage bag supplied with your cup.