Absolute Essentials Lemongrass Essential Oil (Organic)
Certified Organic, Nepal
Known for its uplifting, restorative properties, Lemongrass oil is a popular choice for inclusion in sports massage blends. It is cleansing and deodorizing, and can also be used as an effective insect repellent. Blends well with Geranium, Lavender True and Cedarwood Atlas.
- Insect repellent - it has a pleasant, refreshing scent and antiseptic qualities that, when blended, can safely repel biting insects
- Deodoriser - safe to use for diffusing in the home to effectively cleanse the air and deter airborne insects.
- Fluid Retention - with diuretic qualities Lemongrass can be used to support the relief of fluid accumulation caused by long periods of standing. 5 drops to a foot bath has an added deodorising effect.
- Sports Massage - lemongrass is a great refreshing scent to be added to a massage blend, especially for sports massage as it offers a balancing and cleansing effect. Add 5 drops per massage.
- Fever - to support even temperature and help natural balance in a heated body, add 5-10 drops of Lemongrass to a tepid bath, or to Sweet Almond oil and rub all over the body, as required. Always consult a health specialist to rule out complications.
Traditional & Historical Information:
Lemongrass is of Indian origin and comes from a family of fragrant grasses which include Palmarosa and Citronella. Today it is cultivated in many tropical countries including central Africa, Brazil, Madagascar, Malaysia and Nepal. Lemongrass plays an important role in traditional Indian medicine primarily in the treatment of fever and disease. It also appears in traditional Chinese medicine, indicated for rheumatism, headaches, colds and stomach pain. It has been found to have a number of properties including analgesic, anti-microbial, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, sedative and nervine. Like its cousin Citronella, it is also effective as an insect repellent.
Directions for Use:
Always follow the directions on the packaging insert. Safe used as directed. May cause irritation in sensitive skin. If ingested, drink milk. Avoid eyes, flush with water. Keep out of reach of children.
Cymbopogon citratus, leaf, distilled, certified organic, Nepal.
Therapeutic plant oils are used to support natural body process for optimum health and wellbeing. The information here is not meant for use as tor cure of any medical condition or disease.