Absolute Essentials Peppermint Essential Oil (Organic)
Certified Organic, France.
This refreshing and stimulating oil can be used to promote healthy mental processes, a positive outlook and natural balance during times of strain, stress or overwork. It is particularly beneficial if working near air conditioners. Its powerful aroma has strong cleansing qualities that may also help refresh energy during headaches. It is also helpful direct to areas of muscle tension for localised massage. Blends well with: Basil, Rosemary Cineol, Lavender True, Tea Tree.
- Headaches - to aid natural recovery from headaches and mental tension, rub 1-2 drops to the temples, away from eyes, and back of the neck as soon as possible.
- This oil is also recommended for hangover headaches.
- Nausea and Travel Sickness - when travelling, rub 1-2 drops directly onto the solar plexus to maintain natural balance and counter nausea. Or add 1 drop to your tongue, and repeat as required.
- Congestion - support healthy breathing and clear congestion by adding 2-5 drops of Peppermint to a steam inhalation or bath and breathing deeply. Repeat every two hours or as required.
- Back Ache and Circulation - to assist natural recovery and promotion of healthy circulation, and to help manage painful tension, add 3-5 drops directly to affected area. Repeat as required.
Traditional & Historical Information:
Peppermint has been widely used for its flavour and therapeutic benefits since the plant, a cross between spearmint and water mint, was first recognised in the 18th century. Related mint plants have a long history of medicinal use dating to ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Peppermint has been promoted by herbalists as a general digestive aid. It is also indicated as a natural remedy to alleviate colds, headaches, indigestion and nausea.
Directions for Use:
Always use as directed on the package insert. Peppermint oil (undiluted) can be irritating to the skin. Not recommended during pregnancy (Spearmint is a safe alternative). If ingested, drink milk. Avoid eyes, flush with water. Keep out of reach of children.
Mentha piperita, leaf, distilled, certified organic, France.
Therapeutic plant oils are used to support natural body process for optimum health and wellbeing. The information here is not meant as recommendation for cure of any medical condition or disease.