Absolute Essential Lavender Spike Essential Oil (Organic)
In need of respiratory support for young and old alike?
With a more camphor-like scent than Lavender True, Lavender Spike Essential Oil is the preferred Lavender oil for supporting healthy respiratory process. In this pristine, organic state, it is ideal for medicinal diffusion, steam inhalation and baths. With antibacterial properties Lavender Spike is also popular for topical application in skin care blends.
As all Lavenders, the Spike variety is relaxing, restorative and gentle and can be recommended for children and the elderly.
Directions for use:
- Coughs: Lavender Spike is reported to have antispasmodic properties and has a general calming effect that may be useful against irritating coughs. Add 5 drops to inhalation or into a carrier oil for chest rub. Blends well with other 'respiratory' essential oils.
- Sinus in Babies: Add a few drops on collar or pillow for inhalation, or into a suitable carrier for chest rub.
- Respiratory Problems: Lavender Spike has a gentle penetrating aroma that encourages deep healthy breathing. It offers cleansing and expectorant properties to support natural recovery from respiratory illness. Ideal for young children and the elderly.
- Body Repair: With reported analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, and a general calming, restorative effect, Lavender Spike is a useful addition to massage blends for treating painful body conditions and injury.
Traditional & Historical Information:
Lavender Spike is native to the mountainous regions of the Mediterranean. As a different botanical species, it has a sharper, more camphor-like scent than Lavender True. Lavender Spike is reported to have powerful antiseptic action as well as bactericidal, antiviral, decongestant and expectorant properties. It has been found to be particularly useful in enabling healthy respiratory processes.
Monks living in monasteries during the Middle Ages distilled this essential oil to ease the chest constrictions of asthmatics. It has also been indicated in the treatment of rheumatism and as an ingredient in skin care blends.
Please note: the traditional uses listed here are for reference only and under no circumstances should they be taken as recommendations for cures or treatments for diseases or medical conditions. Therapeutic oils are used to support natural body functions and work in harmony with our body's physiology.
The Difference between Lavenders
- Lavender Sweet (organic) has a soft, gentle scent,ideal for using in cleaning products, laundry and skin care. It can still be utilised to assist the skin's natural healing and regeneration processes, to promote relaxation, calm and balance Lavender True (organic) is calming and relaxing, excellent for skin healing and for burns, cuts and for general first aid. Lavender Spike (organic) is great for respiratory support and for muscle and joint pain.
Lavender True (organic)
Utilised in Skin Healing to assist the skin's natural healing and regeneration processes, especially when blistered or scalded. Lavender True (organic) is very calming and may help to ease painful nerve activity. Use to promote sleep & calm and helps to counter restlessness and sleeplessness. Use to counter the affects of shock. Can be used to aid healing when skin is bruised and damaged.
Reported to have antispasmodic properties that may be useful against irritating coughs, it blends well with other respiratory essential oils. Can be used to promote clear sinuses in babies and has a gentle penetrating aroma that encourages deep healthy breathing. It offers cleansing and expectorant properties to support natural recovery from respiratory illness and is ideal for young children and elderly. Has reported analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties a useful addition to massage blends for treating painful body conditions and injury.
Origin and Key Components:
Lavandula latifolia, flower, distilled, certified organic, France. Linalool, 1,8-Cineol, Camphor.
Safety considerations: Due to higher camphor content than other Lavender oils, this oil is not suitable for burns and may irritate in direct skin applications. Safe in pregnancy. If ingested, drink milk, seek advice. Keep away from eyes, flush with water. Keep out of reach of children.
Please Note: Therapeutic plant oils are used to support natural body process for optimum health and wellbeing. The information here is not meant for use as tor cure of any medical condition or disease.