These bliss balls have a great texture, and just enough sweetness to keep kids happy...without giving them a sugar rush - the sweetness comes from natural berry and lemon juice, along with the natural fruit protein in Nuzest Clean Lean protein.
A wonderful centrepiece for parties as they're rolled in beautifully natural colourful powders of berries, cacao, dessicated coconut, etc and look stunning.
Decadent & rich yet full of superfoods, and with no added sugar, these are a nutritious treat for all. Includes Goji berries which offer sweetness and are high in iron.
For the balls:
- 1/2 cup dried Goji berries, soaked overnight in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Nuzest Clean Lean protein - any flavour should work; we used chocolate
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao
- 1/3 cup Acai (freeze-dried) powder or Lifestream Essential Berries powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries
For the coating:
- Pink & Purple - Try any berry powders like Acai or Lifestream Essential Berries, or Amazonia Raw Energy. Beetroot powder also has an incredibly vibrant purple colour.
- Green - use any green food powders you have like Barley Grass or Nuzest Good Green Stuff
- Brown - Cacao for dark brown, or Maca or Mesquite powder for tan - optionally add a little Cinnamon also.
- White - Dessicated Coconut.
Soak the dried Goji berries overnight - or to speed this up, use boiling water and soak 2 hours.
When you're ready to start, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan. Add the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein and Cacao powder via a sieve.
Add all the remaining ball ingredients and stir well to combine. Check the flavour is to your taste. (Adding a little more lemon juice will enhance the sweetness of the other ingredients; if necessary, you can also add a small amount of honey or other sweetener, but we think the recipe is perfect without!)
The next part gives messy fingers! On a clean surface, spread a thin layer of your chosen first coating. Form a ball using your finger tips and then palms, and then your palms, roll the ball to coat it.
Continue to create the number you desire and then repeat using the other coatings.
The finished balls should be placed in a large glass dish or similar and refrigerated for 30 - 60 minutes to set. If you want these to look perfect for serving, then use paper towels inside your dish to divide the various ball colours. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days if they last that long!
When your guests arrive, serve on a beautiful platter!