Inspired by another fritter recipe I saw recently (kale, pea & ricotta with mint), I've been having a week of inspired savoury dishes with Chia Seeds! What little heroes they are, and so good for you. They give a slight 'pop' in the mouth in this recipe. Combined with blue cheese, they make a decadent savoury delight! Delicious served with a light Aoili and Parsley to garnish. Makes 7 - 8 'delicate' sized fritters.
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice, cooked and cooled
- 80 - 100g of your favourite Blue Cheese. I used Gorgonzola.
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds (white or black)
- A decent helping of finely chopped fresh Parsley (I used curly parsely) - should be around 1/3 - 1/2 cup once chopped
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of plain, unsweetened Yoghurt or soft cheese such as cottage/ ricotta
- 1 Free Range Egg
- Good quality Sea or Rock Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Organic Coconut oil to cook
Crumble the blue cheese into a bowl using your finger tips. Combine everything except the coconut oil with a fork. Leave to settle for 5 minutes, and give another quick stir before cooking.
Heat your pan and coconut oil until fairly hot. Form little balls with your finger tips and then palms, and then place in your pan and gently press into a delicate fritter shape with your fork. Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with a delicious dip such as Aoili.