Plastic Free Pantry Organic Chia Seeds (Raw)
#black chia #chia seeds #vegan protein #chia seeds buy online
Exciting Stuff - Plastic Free Pantry Products arrive with you PLASTIC FREE! We highly recommend you pour them from the plastic free bag into a sealed storage container when they arrive, to maintain freshness.
Black Chia seeds are an ancient super food that has been used by the Mayans, Aztecs and Incas. They were considered a medicine and were prized more than gold due to their incredible health enhancing properties. Chia means ‘strength’ in the Mayan language, and it was considered a food that increased stamina and performance because the messengers could run all day with the help of these tiny seeds.
Chia Seeds are gluten free and are an easily digestible source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and Vitamin B.
- Sprinkle these mild tasting seeds on soup, salads, muesli, stir-fries or cereal.
- Blend into smoothies or to make a simple chia drink, put 1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds into water, milk, or juice, stir occasionally to avoid clumping wait 10 minutes and drink.
- Make our fritters.
- They form a jelly-like texture in liquids, so it's easy to create nutritious puddings.
- Add to any baking or raw chocolate mixture for a healthy boost of Omega-3 and dietary fibre.
- Can be added to pancakes or baking as a vegan egg replacer.
Chia Seeds are a Whole food because they contain all components of the grain; the bran, germ and endosperm. Chia seeds are good source of fibre, especially for those people following gluten-free diet. The fibre content promotes digestive health, healthy cholesterol levels, bowel regularity, blood sugar balance and balanced weight management.
They are a great natural vegan/ vegetarian source of complete protein (20% protein in each serve, with all 8 essential amino acids). The high Omega 3 content is also great for vegetarians and others, and promotes heart health & supports joint function & mobility. Chia seeds contain the highest known proportion of Alpha-Linolenic Acid of any Seed. The Oil of Chia Seeds (Chia Seed Oil) contains 60% to 63% Alpha-Linolenic Acid.
They are considered a Superfood because they are easily digestible and full of nutrients.
- 20% protein in each serve
- Contains all 8 essential amino acids
- A good source of fibre - 39%
- A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids
- It contains the full range of B vitamins including B17 (laetrile)
- Good levels of calcium, trace minerals and antioxidants
- Easily digestible
- Suitable for vegetarians and for gluten-free diets
Chia Seeds contain no egg, crustacea/ fish, dairy, soy, yeast, wheat, artificial flavours, sweeteners or colours.
Chia may lower blood pressure. If you are taking prescription blood thinning medications, please consult with a health professional.